Sunday, December 13, 2009

No more Big Cheesies?

Another main-stay of downtown Madison has passed from the scene. Miles Allen, owner/operator of Myles' Teddie Wedgers at the corner of State Street and the Square died of cancer on Friday. He was 64 years old and preparing to retire, according to reports.

My addiction to teddie wedgers is well know within my family. It is an addiction I have passed down to the next generation. Please, please let there be a Myles Junior to carry on!

I apologize to my one follower and any other random readers for turning this blog into an obituary column, but I guess I've reached that age at which my friends and acquaintances are dropping like flies!

Poor Miles! Another case of a man who works hard his whole life and dies in his early to mid 60's before collecting a penny of Social Security. How can the Social Security Trust Fund be going broke when so many men die of heart attacks, cancer and the like in their early to mid 60's without collecting a dime?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Don Dino...no más!
Your blog is turning into the dead-man blog. Write about Favre or the Vikings or your silly packers!

Anonymous said...

Open letter to Don Dino

Dear Don Dino,

Dude…enough with the dead guys! I am sending your 10 commandments for the New Year.

1. Thou shalt write less about dead guys!
2. Thou shalt take a vacation to the tropics before the end of April 2010.
3. Eat more cake!
4. Indulge your fantasies… go back to fantasy island and make another doctor! Or another historian… Hey, it’s all history!
5. Say it once…Go Bret Favre! …Oops…wrong QB…never mind!
6. Sleep until 9:00 AM
7. Stop fighting with that herd of deer in your back yard!
8. Keep feeding all those flying pigs…I mean beautiful birds!
9. Plant another tree…or two…or three
10. La, la, la…live for today…and don’t worry about tomorrow hey, hey…

DonDino said...

Response to Anonymous:

Sorry, I needed to mention one more dead guy! Go Packers! Vikings suck! Brett Favre has arthritis so bad the ball just falls out of his hand in cold weather (just like my car keys do).